Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Twas the Night Before Retrieval

and all through the den, not a thing was going down, not even my estrogen. My E2 this morning was 7,757. We are still taking things day by day with the transfer versus freeze debate. It will depend on if my level continues to rise, if I'm retaining fluid, and how I feel. I will likely need to go in Friday for an ultrasound and blood draw. As of today, I feel okay. Not sure if there's fluid, but I'm definitely feeling more bloated today. I'm just glad there is still a little hope of a fresh transfer as I'm not sure I would want to go through with the retrieval without that carrot dangling out there.

I am stuffing my face with the saltiest foods and I can find and drowning in vitamin water. And other than my prenatal and starting a stool softener (in preparation for the lovely effects of anesthesia on my system), I am medication free for one day. Small victories, I suppose.

We are to arrive at the clinic at 10:45 am tomorrow morning for the 11:45am retrieval. I will try to post an update tomorrow evening if I feel up to it, but I'm not making any promises.

16 comments:

luna said...

good luck with the retrieval and hope you make it to a fresh transfer. but more importantly I hope you are well and healthy and no ohss, with a quick recovery after tomorrow. hope you can get some rest. thinking of you. ~luna

Morgan said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes perfectly for you!

Maria said...

Wishing you all the luck at your retrieval tomorrow. I know you really want to make it to transfer and we all do too. We are all rooting for you.

I'm really praying that all the salt helps keep ohss away. Very good idea with the stool softener, I wish I had thought of that. I was a constipated mess after my retrieval.

Fingers tightly double crossed.

Ms. J said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts. Look forward to hearing from you once you're up to posting ;o)

Duffy said...

I will be rooting for you!!! Doh! Wish I would have known about the stool softener....the last 24 hours have been interesting....ahem.

So so so hoping for good news tomorrow - no fluid, no OHSS, and the promise of a fresh transfer!!!!

Jen said...

Good luck with retrieval! I hope you have a much better ride home from it than last time.

I'm crossing everything for you!

s.e. said...

I know what a rough ride you have been on and how this turns out just how you want it to. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Paula Keller said...

Good luck!

Rhonda said...

my thoughts, husband's thoughts, and other family members' thoughts are with you, B, and a good healthy retrieval! my fingers are crossed.

xoxo

~Carrie said...

I hope everything goes perfectly with your retrieval today! I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for a fresh transfer later this week.

Shinejil said...

Oh, good luck, Denise! I'm keeping my fingers crossed they let you go ahead and do a fresh transfer...

I'm glad you feel okay and I hope you continue to do so.

Nadine said...

Good luck Denise, I'm still hoping for a fresh ET for you.
I agree with Maria, you are one smart chickie thinking of the stool softner.

Meg said...

I will be thinking of you and putting all of my hopeful eggs into the fresh transfer basket!!!

nancy said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking about you today. I totally want to hear an update.

About the not wanting to go through ER without the carrot dangling - yeah.

JJ said...

You are in my thoughts!!! I am sending positive thoughts for a great retrieval and that you are able to make it for the fresh transfer.

Unknown said...

Denise, I'm so excited for you! I hope you check in soon to let us know how it went!