Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fun With Trigger Shots

We are triggering tonight (well technically, very early tomorrow morning) at 12:45am. Retrieval is set for 11:45am on Thursday. It is still up in the air whether or not we'll get to transfer. My E2 was at 6,688 today. Although it did jump by 855, at least it wasn't a 2,000 jump like the day before. At this point last cycle, it was over 8,000. Instead of Lu.pron tonight, I'm taking an antagon shot (Gan.irelix), which should keep me from ovulating, won't interfere with the HCG (trigger shot), and will hopefully help to counter the effect of the HCG on my E2 level (HCG increases E2). I also take my last vi.agra tonight (thank god), my last dex.amethasone and no more es.trace.

Tomorrow I go back in for yet another blood draw (no ultrasound this time). My lining today was still at 7, so it appears that is where it will stay and they are fine with that. I think I get a break from meds tomorrow, although it is possible they'll have me do one more antagon shot. Thursday we are to show up at 10:45 for retrieval. It is likely they'll have me come in a day or two after retrieval to check for fluid and to check E2 level yet again. Based on how all that goes, they'll decide whether we can transfer, or if they have to freeze everything again.

Keep the positive thoughts coming. I think I need all the positivity I can get right now. I will be crushed if we end up having to freeze again.

18 comments:

beautycourage said...

Sounds great, Denise! Lots of positive thoughts coming your way in the next few days! -Dot

Paula Keller said...

My hopes for Denise:

1. Retrieval is a piece of cake.

2. You get a bunch of beautiful grade A embryos.

3. You get to transfer fresh

4. You get a BFP!

I really do hope everything goes smoothly. You remain my hero for your strength in all that you have been through.

s.e. said...

I really have been wishing for more than the best for you. I am amazed how well you are holding it together during all the appointments, drugs and stress. I can't even imagine how intense IVF can be. I hope you are granted with the day break from meds!

Morgan said...

Good luck, Denise! Sending bunches of positive thoughts to you.

Jen said...

I'm seeing lots of positives compared with the last fresh so I am crossing everything for a fresh transfer with a positive outcome.

Good luck with trigger tonight/tomorrow!

Nadine said...

Sounds great, i'm thinking good thoughts for you!

Miss Tori said...

I hope all goes well with your trigger and retrieval, Denise. You'll do great!

Tori

Meg said...

Many positive thoughts coming your way lady.

Shinejil said...

You're doing so great this cycle, dealing with all the complications and discomforts. You're on your way to a smooth ER and great embies! You can totally do it!

All that, and many more positive wishes being sent your way today, Denise!

~Carrie said...

Ganirelix really can drop E2 levels a lot pretty quickly, so I think (hope!) you should be ok.

I hope your ER goes smoothly, they get a lot of great eggs, and you get awesome embies that they can transfer fresh.

Maria said...

YAY!! I hope the trigger went well last night/this morning!!

I'm keeping everything tightly crossed till Thursday!

Natalie said...

I'm right there with ya.

Melanie said...

It's going to be the most stellar of cycles, ever, ever, ever. Your embryos will be walking out of the petri dish and orchestrating a lottery among themselves to see which ones get the privilege of being transferred. Your lining will be a siren song to the lottery winners. Good times ahead, Denise!

Duffy said...

Denise - I am sending you so much positivity and hope!!!! I am imagining your smooth retrieval tomorrow, your estrogen levels staying where they need to be, the fluid leaving your body, the eggs being healthy and bountiful, your lining perking up and becoming the welcoming fertile ground for your embryos, many healthy strong embryos, and finally - a wonderful fresh transfer with a nice big positive pregnancy test to follow.

You are hanging in there so well. You are brave and you are so incredibly strong.

I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow!!

annacyclopedia said...

I haven't been around much lately, but you've been in my thoughts every day. I am praying and hoping that everything goes super well with retrieval and you get to transfer some beautiful little embies. You are doing beautifully in the midst of this very uncertain time.

Anonymous said...

My positive thoughts are being streamlined your way. Hope the GaniHELLISH wasn't too bad.

Alison said...

I'm a little late in my reading... I hope everything went well last night and today! Here's to tomorrow's transfer, that you get perfect eggsand no freezing! {{{HUGS}}}

Unknown said...

Sorry I am late to wish you luck! I hope your ET is smooth, and you get great results. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.