Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Some Ramblings

I think AF is just around the corner. As in tonight or tomorrow (hopefully). If so, things will start moving along. It just can't happen soon enough. I hate being on Lu.pron and this part of the process is just painfully slow.

Now that it appears B should be able to provide a fresh sample on retrieval day, we have to decide how long we want to store the frozen boys for. The nurse suggested possibly waiting until after his surgery to make sure everything "works" properly before we decide we don't need them. I'm inclined to agree.

Sage actually called me this afternoon. We didn't talk long since I was at work, and I almost felt bad trying to explain why we hadn't called since our last cycle failed. But given that I've been feeling bad about missing work for treatments, I told her that it is just too hard to find time in the middle of the day to drive all the way to the other end of town for a session. I need to save my time away from work for retrieval and transfer for this next cycle. She was very understanding and said that if we want, we can try to work out coming in for an evening session. It was reassuring, but I honestly feel like we're in a pretty good place right now. Even with EB surfacing here and there. B has been very understanding and we are just focused on getting through this cycle and his hernia surgery.

What really made my day though is that my Ugg's finally arrived. I ordered them from Nordy's over a month ago and something got screwed up and they lost my order. I called last weekend and they immediately ordered them from another store and paid to ship them to my house. I spent 30 minutes walking around in them when I got home and they are SOOOOO comfy. Good thing they showed up today just in time for the 8 inches of snow we're supposed to get tonight and tomorrow. Gotta love spring time in Denver. Snow on Thursday and 60's by Saturday.

14 comments:

nancy said...

I love my Uggs. I think they are totally, 100%, completely ugly - but I love them nonetheless.

So, when you get your cycle, you get to stop Lupron? I had to take it through my entire IVF cycle, including the day of trigger.

Denise said...

Nancy, no I have to stay on the Lupron, but at least I'll be growin follies and moving towards the day when I can stop the Lupron. I can start the countdown.

And I agree that Ugg's are ugly, but I love em too.

Unknown said...

okay - wtf is going on with the snow. that seems ridiculous. seriously. i can't even fathom snow right now. it only snowed twice this winter. i kinda miss it.

Rhonda said...

i am so excited for you and this next cycle. you sound like you are doing well and are focused and very positive energy!

i don't know if i can do the uggs thing - just not ready to make that next step!

ps - i hate busy season (to take up your time to bitch...)

xoxo

Shinejil said...

Finally! An appropriate use of Uggs: to coddle a gal who needs a little extra care, in a place where snow is still falling. Here, we have gals walking around in baby tees and shorts, but with Uggs. Am I old, or is that just idiotic?

I'm so glad you can move ahead as planned this cycle. Sounds like you and B are uniting forces to slog through this, EB be damned.

Melanie said...

8 inches of snow? In April? I will curl up in the fetal position until July. I'm so excited for you that you're moving along. I'm going to live vicariously through you on this soon to be positive cycle!

Nadine said...

Totally Ugg jealous, warm feet, is such an amazing feeling. But they are UGly, why can't they make them look good?
I agree the lupron is the worst part, killing all of your hormones and turning you into an old cranky woman (or that maybe just me?).

Jen said...

Yay! I am so happy to hear things are moving forward! Yay!

Morgan said...

I have Ugg slippers that I put on the second I get home. They're great.

Happy to hear you're feeling good and looking forward to your cycle.

nancy said...

due to the snow, i put on my uggs today (yup, wearing them to work!) and thought of you.

Blubbalicious said...

Uggs can only be compared to crocs.. and i LOVE my crocs- i wear them all the time, and so does DH!

Unknown said...

I'm so optimistic for you for this cycle. And I'm really glad it's all coming together. Hurray for great new boots; I hope they keep your feet nice and warm for this upcoming snow storm.

Duffy said...

I hope this is our last snow...it is kinda a nice excuse to veg though...

SO glad you guys are feeling in a good place and I hope AF gets here soon so you can get moving!

Enjoy your Uggs! :)

Maria said...

Yeah, I love my Uggs, but I desperately need a new pair. Mine are so worn out that the heel is actually detached.