Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fluid Fiasco

When I met with the nurse yesterday morning, I was given strict instructions to call if I started to feel any worse (difficulty breathing, moving, pain, nausea). I readily agreed and went home to rest, drink and eat. About mid-day I started feeling not so great and laid down to take a nap. I felt a little better after that, but started to feel worse by the time evening rolled around. My stomach felt so tight from the fluid that it was a little difficult to stand up straight. I wasn't sure if it was my imagination, but it seemed like it was a little more difficult to breathe. The dilemma I was having was that if I called at night, the on call nurse would make me go to the emergency room. And it didn't feel like an emergency to me. So I went to bed.

I actually slept pretty good, aside from getting up every 2 hours to pee. And I felt better. No breathing problems, no problem standing up straight. This morning when I woke up, my stomach hurt. I think it probably has to do with my digestive system trying to move things through when there is very little room because of the excess fluid. Fluid pressing on different parts of my body = pain. Unfortunately I haven't been able to remedy that situation yet this morning, despite the stool softeners. I have resigned myself to calling the clinic today and likely going in for another ultrasound, but I don't want to make the call until this one issue is resolved. And I can't do anything to help it resolve faster.

Yesterday, in addition to much vitamin water and regular water, I ate the following salty foods: beef jerky, pickles, peanut butter, gardettos bread chips, frozen pizza, beef stew, processed cheese spread on wheat thins. Every single thing I ate had sodium and I must have drank my weight in vitamin water. If that isn't going to help the fluid situation resolve, I don't know what will. I am really hoping they don't call me for a day 3 transfer tomorrow, because I really think they will cancel me if that is the case. I need the extra two days to get rid of this fluid. I hope.


Rhonda said...

i have been curious on how you are doing. I am hoping that what you are feeling is mostly due to eating outside your normal foods and just the absorbtion of the fluids.

i wish you well on your call today and hoping that your pressure sensatin decreases.


Spicy Sister said...

oh sweetie! I don't know what to say. You are doing everything you can, you are such a trooper. I am hoping with all my heart that fluid is decreasing and getting the hell outta abdomen-ville. And I am sending your embies lots of positive thoughts for growing and making it to a 5 day transfer.

You are in my thoughts. All good thoughts, coming your way.

annacyclopedia said...

Denise, this sounds so uncomfortable! I really hope you get some relief soon, and that everything lines up for a 5 day transfer.

Out, fluid, out! Out of Denise's abdomen!