Thursday, April 24, 2008

Guess the Number

1. The age I was when I got my driver's license
2. The age Molly Ringwald's character turned in a John Hughes movie
3. The number of ounces in a pound
4. The number of waking hours in a day if you sleep 8 hours at night
5. The number of eggs retrieved from my ovaries today

If you haven't guessed by now, the number is 16! This is 11 eggs less than last time, but that is perfectly fine by us.

We are back from retrieval and I'm propped up in bed resting comfortably. No hint of nausea so far, so that is encouraging. I'm a bit achy, but not too bad. I'm trying to avoid taking any painkillers (even tylenol) as the anesthesiologist said this could contribute to nausea. They did not check for fluid today, didn't check estrogen level and didn't even mention the possibility of a freeze. Although it was a different doc who actually did the retrieval, we did see Dr. S briefly in recovery. He said he was not at all concerned about OHSS and that he was confident we would get to do a fresh transfer. Yay!!!

That being said, they do want me to go in tomorrow morning for an ultrasound to check for fluid.

I'm relieved and I feel pretty good. We should get a call from the embryologist tomorrow with the fertilization report. If all goes well, we're headed for a Day 5 transfer next Tuesday.

Thanks for all of your well wishes! I'm convinced it had a big part in why I feel so good and hopeful today. You guys are the best!

17 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful update. Yay!!!

s.e. said...

I am proud of you today. I hope your eggs will quickly become embryos and grow as expected. And I hope they can stay far, far away from the frigid cold temperatures! You deserve them to be in your nice warm body soon. Congrats times 16!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Such great news...may there be much more on its way.

annacyclopedia said...

Yay! This is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you, Denise. Hope you feel better and better over the next few days and avoid the nausea altogether!

Alison said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! What good news and I'm so glad you are feeling good too! Loved your guessing game. :)

Duffy said...

Whew! I have been thinking of you all day long! I am seriously jumping up and down at this good news!!! You must be feeling so relieved! Now I will be hoping you get a great number of healthy embies too....you deserve the rest of this road to have as few bumps as possible.

So so great. I am just so happy for you!

beautycourage said...

Great news!!!!

Kristina said...

Here's to wishing for next Tuesday!

Jen said...

Yay! I am so happy to hear that everything went well and you are feeling soo much better than last time!

luna said...

that's wonderful news. wishing you all the best for a day 5 transfer next week! ~luna

Meg said...

I'm elated for you Denise.

Nadine said...

That's great news! 16 eggs, and you're feeling good,
hope those embies get back to you as soon as possible.

Melanie said...

A perfectly appropriate number! We're going for quality, not quantity, here! Keep on feeling good and positive. Sending you, as always, warm, fuzzy, optimistic, FERTILE thoughts!

Shinejil said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome news, Denise! I'm so happy.

Keep resting up and taking good care of yourself.

JJ said...

Great number!! Cant wait for more GREATness=)

Rhonda said...

i thought of you all day! the next few days are very important and I hope that the ultrasound goes well today!! xoxo

Natalie said...

Holy, that's a crazy good haul. Yay for you!