Thursday, December 11, 2008

35 Weeks

I can't believe we've made it to 35 weeks. With the exception of the last week or so (since the rash appeared), my 6 weeks on bed rest has gone by pretty quickly. Although I bet B and my parents feel differently. The three of them have traded off waiting on me like a queen for this entire time.

I took my last dose of proc.ardia at 6am this morning and so far I haven't noticed any difference. I have absolutely no gut feeling as to whether something will happen in the next week or not. I know it is probably better for the babies to stay in until 36 weeks, but I wouldn't mind one bit if it happened sooner. I obviously have selfish reasons for feeling this way, but I also just would rather go into labor on my own rather than being induced.

I've posted some belly pix below. I figured I needed to get off my ass (literally) and take some more pictures before it is too late. If you dare, you can click on the picture to see a bigger version and you can see the rash within my stretch marks on my lower abdomen in addition to on my side. But it doesn't really do it justice. I would have to take a picture of my thighs to give you the full effect and I just didn't want to. I don't even like looking at it as it seems to make me itch more!





12 comments:

Nadine said...

WOW hope that you get some scratchy relief soon.

nancy said...

No, it doesn't do it justice. When I saw my friend's, I was ~SHOCKED~ in how terrible it looked. Hardcore if you ask me. Ugh. It's almost over denise! And I know you want to keep them in as long as possible, but 35 weeks with twins? You did freaking fabulous so far! Every extra day is just a bonus.

Jen said...

You are doing great! And I hope they stay in as long as possible and the rash magically disappears!

Maryanne said...

You are almost there Denise! SO excited the babies will be here so soon and the rash will hopefully disappear just as quickly.

Meg said...

I cannot imagine how excruciating that rash must be. They will be here soon and I cannot wait to hear how wonderful they are on the outside!!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!! Hope that rash clears ASAP, looks miserable.

shawna said...

In my moments of complete pity parties, I have tried to decide which symptom that I have is the absolute worst. I think that your itching has to beat everything that I can come up with. It seems like the most wasted side effect. At least with all of the norm, there is a reason or direct cause related to the babies. This is just there to make you miserable. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. The countdown to the end will hopefully fly by for you.

Jules said...

Look at that - do you see that? It's the Finish Line - you are SO CLOSE!!!!! YAY!!!!

Congrats on making it this far - that's fantastic!!! And like someone else said, every extra day is a bonus :)

I'm going to be checking this a hundred times a day now to see if there are any updates...and if there aren't, I'll be wondering if you're in the hospital holding your beautiful babies :)

Ms. J said...

Holy heck - when I clicked on the photos it was a bit blurry, but I think that was probably a good thing for me?!

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duffy said...

You are doing so well Denise! I hope you get your wish to go into labor all on your own - after everything you've been through at least labor should go without a hitch, right?

Can't wait to see these little munchkins!!!

Melanie said...

I think you are hormonal, but in the kindest, most sensitive, supportive way possible. Smile. We started this journey together and by damn, we'll finishh this thing, one way or another.

Thinking about you and sending you nonscratching, normal center of gravity thoughts.

Josée Martens said...

That rash thing sounds like tons of people have had it. I'd never heard of it before and then all of a sudden I've heard 5 people talk about how HORRIBLE it is.
35 weeks is great! You're a champion.