Monday, December 22, 2008

10:20 MST Update

Denise has asked me (me being her husband B) to provide periodic updates. Let me start off by saying that I am not a medical professional and I am notorious for completely translating this type of information incorrectly. Remember the game you used to play as a kid when one person would whisper something in your ear and then you would have to go around the room and the last kid would have to say what he "thinks" the original word was? Well that is what is going to happen here. I am the "last kid" and I don't always listen attentively.

They currently have Denise on oxygen to try and get the babies to wake up a bit as they seem a bit sleepy this morning. They have also started her on the pitocin. to get the party started. They will gradually increase the dosage every half hour or so to speed things up when they see fit. She is currently listening to some classical music while reading one of those trashy grocery store magazines. Seems a bit of an oxymoron but who am I to judge. I have come to learn that a happy momma is a happy me.

That's about all for now. Nurse just walked in as they are having trouble keeping the babies monitored (which always seem to be the case so this is nothing to worry about).

Until later - Dad to be.

Sorry but after my editor (Denise) read my post she has asked me to tell everyone that she is 2cm dialated and 80% effaced (told you that I don't always get this stuff correct)

9 comments:

Jules said...

Good job on keeping us posted! You're a good man - my hubby wouldn't have done that I don't think :)

The babies know they're in for the ride of their lives so they're just resting up right now.

Jen said...

Yeah, dad-to-be, get it right!

Good luck. Sending lots of good vibes your way!

Ms. J said...

Dad-To-Be . . . you're doing great with the updates!!! I love the idea of Denise listening to classical music while reading the speculation which country Angelina Jolie will next adopt from! (I know it ain't China - takes too long, hee hee).

BTW, please remind Denise that I guessed "2 cm" - therefore, I expect some sort of prize! I was holding out for naming rights for one of the babies, but I am guessing she will nix this?!

HOW YOU DOING, Dad-to-Be?!

Please let us know, once the contractions are in earnest, if Denise is actively blaming you for the pain, and how many times she says "it's all your fault." My father-in-law is an anesthesiologist, and does a LOT of labor & delivery calls. He says he often is the only man who has made that pregnant woman happen in 9 months, since he has "the drugs." LOL.

CHEERS!

Nana said...

Hey, I guess the the vote was right at cm. OK, now lets get those contractions going. Love M

Nana said...

Oh B, I think the game was called "telephone"

Paula Keller said...

Trashy grocery store magazines and classical? What a great combination!

Those babies will have quite an awakening today! :)

George said...

I love these updates...keep'em comin'...and good luck as the pitocin gets groovin'.

Rhonda said...

Great post, B!

I believe that it is quite normal to listen to classical music while reading trashy grocery store magazines!!

:-)

megadena said...

lurker de lurking to say best of luck to you both - love the updates - thinking of you guys tonight.