Saturday, February 16, 2008

ColoBloggers Rule!

Today was quite the amazing day. It was the first meeting of the ColoBloggers. We met at a cafe, ate, drank coffee and tea, laughed, and wiped away a few tears here and there. It's a funny thing meeting people in person for the first time when you know such intimate details of their lives. You feel like you've known them for years. They are your best friends, your sisters. It is amazing how this stuff bonds us so quickly. I was fascinated the whole time connecting faces to these stories. It was so cool to connect a blogging/emailing "voice" with a real voice in person.

I am so grateful to Lori for getting us organized. She is just as amazing in person as she is on her blogs. Her adoption stories had us all tearing up. Nancy is just as chatty and hilarious in person as she is on her blog. I love how open she is about everything. Spicy Sister joined us after blogging for only a week and I can't wait to hear more of her journey. Meg was so open and real--I can totally see her as a counselor!

And our non-blogging friends Heidi and K (not using your full name in case you are worried about some of our mutual friends reading this) were there. It was the first time I had met Heidi after meeting on a message board and emailing for some months. She is just as up beat in person as in her emails (I hope she rubs off on me...). K shared some very difficult experiences with us and I'm so happy she was able to come.

I was sorry Jen didn't make it, but we all understood and we hope she's doing okay.

We also missed a couple of other ladies for various reasons. All in all, the ColoBloggers are some of the most supportive, open women I've ever met and I'm looking forward to many more of these get togethers.

I also met my friend Rhonda for lunch today. Although she isn't going through IF, she is very supportive and sympathetic. Rhonda and I first met at work in 1998. I had just started she was spending her days out at a client and coming back into the office in the evenings. One of the guys at worked commented to me that I was going to like Rhonda because she wore silver rings just like me. I thought it was a silly comment at the time, but he was right and we've had an awesome friendship ever since. Rhonda commented earlier this week that based on Nancy's comments here, she thought Nancy might wear silver rings too. It was the first thing I confirmed when I met her this morning!

Rhonda-because you asked, here is a picture of just how big those PIO needles are. I don't know if this does it justice, but until I can show you in person, this will have to suffice. I've used my Black.berry as a frame of reference-something I figured you'd be familiar with. The one on the left is used to draw the oil into the syringe. The one on the right is used to inject (the needles twist off the syringes). They are 22g 1 1/2 inch needles. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You know what has me tearing up? Those needles!

Had so much fun yesterday -- thanks for such a wonderful write up.

Io said...

Oh! I am so jealous! My dad's entire side of the family lives in Colorado and last year my aunt was trying to talk us into moving out there. Now I wish I had...
Those needles look wicked.

Mrs.X said...

Ack! You stole my Blackberry and my needles! Thank you - these are two items I could easily live without.

Glad you were able to meet up with so many cool (in spirit and in body) bloggers!

nancy said...

OMG - I had such a fun time. I still felt like a fake for most of it, but yeah - it was great. I'm just too chatty, maybe it's all the sugar?