Some friends of ours through work like to play a game where people get to pick an "at-bat" song. This is our version of the at-bat songs that professional baseball players pick to have playing over the loud speakers to motivate them as they are going up to bat. Except our version was to motivate us to work through a day as corporate tax geeks. This idea and one of Mel's previous posts made me curious what my fellow bloggers would pick as their at-bat songs in general or for specific at-bat songs for certain situations. I'll start us off. Please join in the fun (there's a lot so feel free to pick and choose).
1. Song when receiving and opening that huge box of medication: Me & You Vs the World (Space)
2. Song for Lu.pron: Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse (Of Montreal)
3. Song when preparing for an injection: Bandages (Hot Hot Heat)
4. Song when going in for a wanding: You Don't Treat Me No Good (Sonia Dada)
5. Song when getting blood drawn: Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)
6. Song for day of ER: Chocolate (Snow Patrol)
7. Song for day of transfer: Run (Snow Patrol)
8. Song for 2ww: Crazy (Barenaked Ladies)
9. Song for receiving results of beta: Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want (The Smiths)
10. Picking yourself up off the floor when recovering from a negative beta or cancelled cycle: Everything's Not Lost (Coldplay)
11. Celebrating a positive beta: Goodbye Sadness (Tristeza) (Astrud Gilberto)
12. Waiting between first positive beta and first ultrasound: Somewhere Over the Rainbow (What a Wonderful World) (Israel Kamakawiwo Ole)
P.S. Sorry about the YouTu.be overload.
702nd Friday Blog Roundup
8 hours ago