Tuesday, December 11, 2007


Just a quick note to follow up on my recovery. Still feeling pretty good today, just a little sore. The main problem is that I can't seem to keep my eyes open for more than 30 minutes at a time. I didn't sleep much yesterday once we got home from the clinic and I'm thinking that it may be catching up to me now. I'm glad I decided to take today off of work because I'm not sure I would have made it all the way in today without passing out at the wheel (not to mention another snow storm creating the likelihood of a 2 hour commute this morning).

B took Molly (our big puppy) to daycare today so she would be out of my hair, but left Scout (the little dog) home with me. It took Scout about an hour to settle down after B left with Molly, but then we both crashed on the bed for an hour or so before moving to the couch. So, just here resting up for the day and hoping I get my energy back tomorrow. I am a little worried about what's going on at work given some of the email traffic I'm seeing--my immediate boss is out of the country this week and the senior manager who's covering for me through today threw her back out this weekend and isn't exactly 100% (yikes!). I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of energy to deal with the next couple of weeks at work.

One thing the RE mentioned yesterday was that he thought my cycle would likely begin from the spotting I had after coming off the FET meds the weekend before Thanksgiving. That's not the impression he gave us at our regroup, so here I was thinking I was having a crazy long cycle and worry about what that meant (did the meds forever screw me up and I'll never have regular cycles again?!?). If he's right about this, I should get AF sometime this weekend or shortly thereafter which means I can go in BCP on CD3 and will get my calendar for our next shot at FET. I'm really, really hoping my lining is great this go round and that the D&C wasn't for nothing.

Oh, and we were told to expect results from pathology by about Thursday, so we can call Thursday afternoon to see they have received results. Not sure exactly what I'm expecting from this, but I'm curious. Just hope I have time to call them while at work on Thursday because they don't answer calls after 4:30pm. Wish my office kept those hours!


Kristina said...

Hang in there - it sounds like you've handled the past few days like a champ.

Jen said...

So you can start then really soon! Yay!

Maria said...

I'm so glad that you're recovering well from the D&C. I'll be praying that your next FET goes well and that your lining is thicker. I too seem to have issues with my lining.

Thanks so much for adding me to your blog roll, I did the same for you!