Sunday, December 9, 2007

Nerves

Tomorrow is the D&C. The last 3 weeks since our regroup actually went by pretty fast. I wasn't really even thinking about the D&C much this weekend until the anesthesiologist called this afternoon. He was great and I think he might be the same one I had for our retrieval. He assured me that they would add an anti-nausea medication to the IV cocktail to try to prevent another exorcist scene like I had after the drive home from the retrieval. I don't want to repeat that experience. I tried to keep busy today, which was easy because I'm just a big bundle of nerves right now. I do realize this is a fairly common procedure, but it isn't common for ME.

We have to be at the clinic at 6:30am tomorrow, but I'm not too concerned about the early hour as I hope I'll spend the rest of the day sleeping off the anesthesia. I'm planning on taking Tuesday off of work also to recover and I'm really hoping I'm ready to go back to work on Wednesday (okay, kind of hoping).

It has been a little disturbing that AF still hasn't shown and I'm now on day 50 (?) or so of my last cycle. When I asked the RE if this was something to be concerned about, he didn't really give me an answer. He just said that if he were concerned, his recommendation would be to "take a look in there" and that is what we are doing tomorrow anyway. So I'm trying not to worry about it, trying not to make it into something it isn't. I did, however, spend most of the night last night dreaming of getting my period. I mean, really, can't I at least have more interesting dreams? It's bad enough that this stuff is all I think about and all I can talk about, but do I really have to dream about it too?

The good news is, my sore throat has completely disappeared. I'm giving credit to the Halls Defense vitamin C drops, the 1 glass of OJ a day and the 2 glasses of wine I had with dinner Friday night. I wish I could prove that wine cures sore throats. I'd be filthy rich!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Hello! Ok, first off - good luck tomorrow. You will be home, resting in no time.... I am going to catch up on your blog this week and will certainly visit more often.

I am in Denver. I have been reading up on CCRM, but currently have Kaiser with my husband's work so I am a bit stuck at the moment. It is such a toss up between the right care, the cost and what insurance will do for you. Are you with Albrecht? I have heard wonderful things about him...

Jen said...

Good luck today! I hope it went effortlessly! And painlessly!

Makingpeace said...

Hi - I'm new to your blog and I know I'm dropping in on a big day. I hope it goes as good as it can and you can then focus on your next chance. :) Hang in there. (I'm also a fellow CCRM-er.)