Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...

Today is my 32nd birthday. I feel old and achy. My ECP is acting up and my back hurts. I'm on my first of 3 days of an increased carb diet to prepare for the 3-hour glucose tolerance test on Wednesday. It has been cloudy, rainy and gloomy all weekend. And this has been the best birthday weekend ever! We had my baby shower yesterday which was just perfect. We got so much great stuff for the babies and I got to hang out with friends and family. Today we are just watching football and eating (a lot).

I've been pretty bad about blogging and reading blogs the last couple of weeks (sorry). This is our second weekend in a row with company, so I've been living in the real world instead. The painter is supposed to start on Tuesday (hopefully he'll show up) and paint the nursery, master bedroom, dining room, and the niche in the family room. Once the painting is done, we can start putting away all of the great baby loot we got at the shower.

My boss informed me last week that he isn't going to make a decision on the position until after I come back. Still not sure how I feel about this. It means I have all the responsibilities of the position until I go on leave, but that is it. Once I'm on leave, a coworker will take over and then we'll see what happens when I get back. I think my boss is worried that I won't want all of the responsibility that the position entails once I have two babies. Ahh, the things men don't ever have to worry about.

My boss also decided that I should hand over the reigns on December 1st, so even if I'm still at work, I'll just be support and my back-up will be in charge at that point. This means that it will probably make sense to start working from home at that point. Seven more weeks. Seven. More. Weeks.

Well, I would expect that my belly shots this week would look much bigger than two weeks ago, but it doesn't look that way to me. Maybe it's just the pictures. Last Monday when they measured me, the belly had grown about 4 cm in 2 weeks. You would think that would be visible in the pictures, but oh well.





16 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Happy Birthday Denise!!!

Seven weeks? Huh? Really? You've got to be kidding!!!

bb said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! And the birthday belly looks awesome!

Jen said...

Hope you had a great birthday! And you look great! So does the belly. And the puppy in the picture.

Maryanne said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like a wonderful weekend! BTW-You look great!

donellad said...

Happy birthday! You look beautiful. Sorry I couldn't be at the shower. Glad you had a great time!

Makingpeace said...

Happy birthday to you! I haven't been around much lately but I still enjoy checking in on you when I have time. Hang in there! ;)

annacyclopedia said...

Happy birthday, Denise! And your belly is looking more and more fantastic every time you post a photo! I love it!

nancy said...

I love that last belly picture of you. How cute!

And Happy Birthday! I don't think I even said that to you on Saturday. I pretty much suck.

Oh - and thanks for inviting me to your shower! :)

Rhonda said...

I thought the belly looked so lovely!

Your 7-week countdown begins - this is something that you will just need to accept and have faith that everything will work out once you return...i wish you well!

I enjoyed meeting so many people and reconnecting with the others at the shower - it was clear how many lives you and B have touched!

good luck for wednesday - let me know if there is anything i can do!
xoxo

chicklet said...

Happy birthda! And holy, you don't look pregnant anywhere but the belly. You're very very lucky

Antigone said...

Happy Birthday!!! You look great and I swear, having met you in person, I thought you were about 25.

HeidiM said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday!! Always great when it falls on a weekend. Your shower was really classy, and the carrot cake cupcakes were delish!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Denise! I'm 10 days behind you!

I love the b&w shot! You look SO happy!

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

You look absolutely wonderful! Nothing but belly, that's for sure.

I am so in amazement that you're planning on working that long. You rock!

Rebecca said...

You look great...and how dare you live in the real world? LOL.

Happy Birthday!!!

~Carrie said...

Happy (belated) birthday. Sorry that you have to go through the 3 hour glucose screening. You very well may pass though - I failed my 1 hour test withflying clors but passed the 3 hour.

I think you look wonderful :)