Monday, October 6, 2008

26 Week Appointment

No ultrasound pictures this time and no belly shots this weekend. Although we spent all weekend just hanging out with family, it seemed really busy and I never got around to taking any pictures. I guess you'll all have to wait until next weekend to gasp in shock at my ever-expanding waistline.
  • At today's appointment, I measured in at 31/31.5 weeks.  About 6 weeks ahead.  Yikes.  If I continue at this rate and make it to 40 weeks (not all that likely), I will be as big as someone who is 6 weeks past due!
  • Blood pressure nice and low at 110/60.
  • Iron was low, so I'm now taking iron supplements in addition to my myriad of other pills.
  • Took the one hour glucose screen (drink syrupy orange liquid and get blood drawn an hour later) to test for gestational diabetes.  Results should be back tomorrow.  Cross your fingers I pass so I don't have to do the 3 hour test!
  • Apple's heart rate was at 140 and Banana's was at 150.  This is about 10 bpm higher than the last couple of appointments for each of them, but can be attributed to the sugar from the glucose screen drink.
  • Doc listened to my heart and lungs and everything sounded good.  She said we'll just keep an eye on the shortness of breath and to let them know if anything changes.
  • Weight is up about 25 pounds so far, which I'm happy with.
Other than that, just recovering from a busy weekend.  Sorry so quiet on everyone's blogs.  Didn't have much time to read this weekend and now I'm just wiped out.

7 comments:

Ms. J said...

6 week sahead? Holy crap, you got one heck of a greenhouse there, Mama!

shawna said...

Thank goodness for uneventful doctor's appointments. I am glad that everything is going so well. I have another question for you...Do you feel the babies move independently of each other, and do they move the same? Thanks again!

nancy said...

Sounds like a rather boring appointment - just how they should be!

Ahhh - the glucose test. I got permission from my OB to totally skip the 1 hour and go right to the 3 hour. I always fail the 3 hour!

nancy said...

No, I always fail the 1 hour, so I just wanted to skip it.

Rebecca said...

Things sound great...good luck on the GD test and 25 pounds is great! I'm jealous!

BTW, by the end of my pregnancy, I was measuring at 45 weeks...I was only 38 weeks. It gets more shocking!

Amanda said...

Hooray for a great appointment!

If it makes you feel any better, at 28 weeks I was measuring 39...wow...now that I type that out...

Amanda said...

Actually, I was 26 weeks 4 days at that appointment, not 28 weeks.