No major developments lately. Here's the bullet point list of the minor developments:
- I continue to get bigger and more sore (duh). It is getting harder to move around and sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time has become almost impossible. I have tried so many different pillows and pads to sleep with/on that we might just go broke before Apple and Banana actually arrive. I've started to notice more strain on my hips, back and neck.
- I scheduled my first prenatal massage for next weekend to try to alleviate this and I can't wait!
- I'm starting to notice that I tire more quickly these days. Shopping for maternity clothes is the most exhausting thing in the world. Unfortunately it seems like every time I think I'm set for awhile, a week goes by and things are already starting to feel snug.
- My appetite has gotten better although my tastes are still not what they were. It is frustrating to not want my favorite foods and to not really want anything in general, but know that I have to eat something. Let's just say I've had a lot of milkshakes and ice cream the last couple of weeks.
- My belly button is now a shallow dent in my belly. It is only a matter of time...
- It is getting harder to shave my legs. Is it winter yet?
- My hair has gotten too long and is driving me crazy, so it's getting chopped off next weekend. (don't worry, it won't be anything too drastic)
- B continues to take care of me, the dogs, and the house like a champ doing all of the laundry and grocery shopping among other things.
- We continue to work on our registries. It is pretty overwhelming.
- The cribs and dressers were delivered this weekend and B already put everything together. Pictures are below. They look black in some of the pictures, but it is a dark brown (espresso) stain on the wood. All of the pieces seem very sturdy and well made and the cribs convert to a toddler bed and then a full size bed (the front and back of the crib become the headboard and footboard) with converter rails. The converter rails still haven't come in yet.
- We've been shopping for gliders/rockers/recliners to put in the nursery, but apparently I'm really picky. I want something wide enough with wide enough arms that I might be able to nurse/feed both babies at the same time sitting in it. But I also need to be able to reach the floor to glide/rock the chair without having to slouch down in the chair (common problem for us short folks). So far the only chair that seems to be perfect is a La.z.bo.y and, of course, it is the UGLIEST thing in the world. Why does comfort=ugly?
- We are still undecided on the nursery paint. I know the stripes are a lot, so I doubt we will go that route, but it was fun to play with. I do want to somehow use all three colors, but B doesn't seem too excited about doing the two green walls, two yellow and blue ceiling.
- Because of the D.N.C. in town this week, I'm working from home. We were encouraged to do so and I thought it would be a good opportunity to practice for bed rest should it become necessary to prove to my boss that I can make it work. I hope I can manage to be productive instead of getting distracted!
- Although we seem to be busy every weekend getting ready for these babies, the to-do list just seems to grow. Sigh.
Here are some pictures for this week for your viewing pleasure.