Sunday, June 8, 2008

Unpredictable

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I slept in until 9:30am, laid around the house and even felt well enough to go to the store for a bit. I was feeling so good that I ate a full bowl of spaghetti for dinner. Two hours later, I went upstairs, took my prenatal and baby aspirin, and laid down in bed. Fifteen minutes later I was running to the bathroom. What gives? I felt good (relatively) all day, had a decent dinner and then couldn't keep it down.

The one thing last night's episode had in common with Thursday night's was that it happened shortly after I laid down to go to sleep. So now I'm afraid to lay down. When I lay down, I can almost feel the contents of my stomach floating up and trying to escape. I tried to prop myself up with pillows afterwards, but I couldn't sleep that way. So I tossed and turned all night.

On this week's agenda:

1. Try using pep.sid
2. Try using cl.aritin
3. Call my ob and ask for an anti-nausea prescription

Yep, I'm done being hesitant about taking drugs. Bring em on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for having such a good day. Sorry it ended so poorly, though.

It sounds like the pe.pcid would be a good idea if the vomitting is happening when you lay down. My OB-nurse told me that a lot of the vomitting is caused from acid-refulx and such. And congrats on deciding to take the antihistamine and asking for some meds! I know it's not an easy decision to make. It made all the difference for me! Good luck!!

DC said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy. :(

Rhonda said...

the positives - you ate a full dinner and had a movie out. let me know how the pepcid goes. i am on full time nexium and my doc has told me that once, if/when we get there, i get preggers, nexium is not on the approved list. i take it for non pregger reasons and i live and breathe by it daily, so...

cheers to feeling better.

xoxoxo

Io said...

Glad you had a good day - hope you start feeling better soon.

Samantha said...

Sounds yucky :( Maybe you'll have to stick with small meals and I wonder if tomato sauce exacerbated the problem - too much acid?

I hope you'll find a good way to manage it!

Here from NCLM

Portia P said...

Hi - here via nacomleavmo

I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy but very pleased for your pregnancy.

I hope you get through this phase quickly. Perhaps small meals are best. I still get nauseous if I eat too much in one go. The books recommend small grazing type meals.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Alison said...

Yay for happy pills! Hope they are working!

Debz said...

Just a thought but have you tried sleeping on your left side - something about it helping with digestion (true/false-i dont know but i do it)